United States-based ships must conduct simulated cruises
Royal Caribbean International is pursuing one of two pathways laid out by the CDC to get back to cruising. A requirement is that U.S-based ships conduct simulation cruises to test health and safety protocols if the cruise line expects to return to sailing with under 95% vaccinated guests or crew.
As a family brand, Royal Caribbean typically sails with 10 percent of our guests under 12 years old, and today, they are ineligible for the vaccine. We are committed to continuing to deliver memorable vacations to families and that is why we are conducting simulated cruises.
When we set sail again in the U.S., our crew will be fully vaccinated and our health protocols include a vaccination policy for all of our guests, which are:
• Cruises departing from all U.S. ports (except Florida ports): All guests 16 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated, and from Aug. 1, all guests 12 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. Younger travelers not yet eligible for the vaccine will be able to sail with a negative test result and must follow our protocols.
• Cruises departing from Florida ports: We strongly recommend all guests eligible for the vaccine be fully vaccinated. Travelers eligible but not fully vaccinated or able to show proof of vaccination will be subject to testing and additional health protocols at their own expense. Children not eligible for vaccines will be tested at no cost.
Adventure of the Seas, Royal Caribbean’s first ship back in service in the North American market has begun sailing from The Bahamas to the Caribbean and set sail today on its second cruise with fully vaccinated crew and 92% vaccinated guests on board, with the remaining 8% being children not eligible for the vaccine.
This is our current policy and we fully expect this will change in the coming weeks and months.
Freedom of Seas departing Miami today on its simulated voyage!