The least you expect when traveling on a cruise ship is getting infected with Covid and being in quarantine while you test negative.
There are cruise lines that care about your well-being and satisfaction even when you have to enjoy your trip locked in the cabin of a cruise ship.
This was not the case for a passenger who traveled aboard a Carnival cruise ship.
She shares her experience and some tips in case you are quarantined on board a cruise ship.
Things you should know in case you get Quarantine on board
- Keep extra metal utensils aside to bring with you in case quarantined. Once Quarantined you only get small wooden ones.
- No linen change – make sure to hang up towels, etc
- Your food tray is wrapped in a red hazardous bag – use this bag to put all garbage in outside your door – including your paper, plates / cups from your dinner.
- Don’t plan on getting hot food unless it’s from Guys burgers or pizza which comes in a closed box. All food is delivered with loose plastic wrap and is cold upon delivery. Cereal, Burgers, pizza and sandwiches is the way to go.
- Pack a TABLET to bring with you on board – if you are quarantined you can watch movies on it from Netflix etc. Cruise TV is NOT good 24/7. You will Thank me for THIS.
- Bring a cup / container with you that keeps ice cold.
- Pack some Tylenol, a deck of cards, protein bars etc.- staples just to have them on hand if needed.
- Plan ahead to purchase/wear KN95 masks on board and not regular disposable masks.
These are the tips that you should take into account if you plan to take a cruise and do not get caught off guard.